4 Dec 2011

2011 - the year of my absence.... some joy to tell

Hello all, at last :o)
What a whirlwind of a year it has been!!!
I have been totally neglectful of both my blogs and haven't set eyes on them since March.
There have been some major events that have occurred in 2011 and there are more to come in 2012...
The year began with volunteering at a local drug and alcohol rehabilitation property, with the anticipation of beginning a university course.
Instead my world got turned upside down and inside out... for the better!
Yes I started my Uni course, completing the first semester with a GPA of 6.5 which was more than I could have dreamed of (the top GPA is 7.0).  But life had changed dramatically since I had originally applied to university...
On July 9th this year I got married!
Yes, I married a man that I call "My Amazing Dave".  I had met Dave briefly at church at the end of last year, when he gave his testimony to the congregation, as he was new to Christ and Christ had indeed made him new!   However I didn't get to really know Dave until we both began the voluntary work at the rehab.  The turn of the new year brought the beginnings of a wonderful friendship and soon after a relationship.  We decided that we wanted to marry.  Dave had began to really love my 3 lads and my lads had certainly began to enjoy having Dave around.
I remember in the beginnings of our friendship, Dave saying to me - "I am so glad your boys like me, as I would've been devastated  if they didn't!"
Today we are Family.  I have never been happier, the boys are happy and love Dave greatly, and Dave has stepped into his new roles of Husband and Dad amazingly well!  See I told you he is my Amazing Dave! :O)
But the list of major events doesn't end there...
God has also blessed our family, with a Baby on the way.  Yes we are blessed with a good ole fashioned Honeymoon baby :O).
So with a new hubby, and marriage, and a baby on the way... I made the tough but right decision to withdraw from University.  My priorities had changed since I had applied there, and ultimately my family had to come first!
Tomorrow is an exciting day... we all go as a family to meet the baby... or rather to see the baby on the ultrasound monitor.  Tomorrow marks 19weeks of pregnancy.  Only another 21 weeks until we get to meet Baby in person!
Any way, I thought I would fill you in on some of our happenings in my absence from here.
I hope your year has been blessed and that you have known God's presence beside you as you have walked the journey of 2011.
'Til we meet again on here (which will be soon I promise),
God's blessings be with you and all of yours
xo

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on all the great changes that have taken place in your life. Also, a merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete