25 Dec 2010

This Christmas, may the best gift you give and receive, be love....

Merry Christmas to you all!

I pray God's Blessings on you all this Christmas, and that at the very least you may all find enough reason to celebrate it in - For all that He has done for you!

The love that we show and see and feel is only a shadow of His.
His love for you and me and all of us is
Sooooo Intense!!
For He IS Love!
How Wide
and How Deep
and How High
is His Love for us...

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with powerthrough his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-21 NIV

and I leave you with an old hymn that just says it all so well.



How Deep The Father's Love

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
And make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory
Behold the man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulder
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!! I love this song. Thank you for posting it and bringing the beautiful melody to my mind this Christmas morn!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful post!!! I do feel the best gift one can give is love!!! Hope you and your family had a very Blessed Christmas!!! God's Blessings!!!

    Lon

    ReplyDelete