16 Nov. 2010

Contemplating my navel...

some days are not so busy, like today
In the quietness of the 'pottering around' I think.
I think
and I think
not about anything in particular.
I like these times.
I get to wander around my garden
I get to stop and smell the flowers and explain to my youngest why plants have flowers, what bees and spiders are for, and where the seeds come from.
In amongst it all I look at the world around me.
I listen to the sounds of the world around me.
And in the peace of it all
God pleasantly interrupts my thoughts
I like it when He does that.
Often times when 'contemplating my navel'
My thoughts turn to God and the wonder of Him
and then I think about those I know who miss it.
They miss realising the wonder
They miss knowing the One who made the wonder
They miss out
For their eyes are blind and their ears are deaf
I pray that one day soon their eyes will be opened
and their ears be opened
and they realise the Wonder of God and all His wonders!
Help me Lord to help them see and hear and know

2 comments:

  1. "My thoughts turn to God and the wonder of Him
    and then I think about those I know who miss it.
    They miss realising the wonder
    They miss knowing the One who made the wonder
    They miss out"

    Because I primarily walk in my faith and I don't often go to a consistent church (I'm a little shy and antisocial), I find that many of my friends and acquaintances seem to come around me because I help them have a feeling of faith. I speak about God to them and try to make them understand God's love. It's like somehow by being my friend, they are better able to believe in God. I don't mind helping boost people's faith, but it annoys me at times, because they are so quick to doubt God when hard times happen, and I am left to mourn the relationship they could be having with our Father -- if they would just stop clinging to me and open their eyes and see it for themselves. But they are young and untried, and not everyone has been blessed with my particular walk with God, and I know I must forgive them, for they know not what they do. Yet I completely agree with this post. I think of all of the beauty and profound moments they are missing, and I mourn them. I mourn them, because I cannot make them take a leap of faith, and I wish I could show them the wonder that is in my life.

    "Help me Lord to help them see and hear and know"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou "Poets for Peanuts" :O)
    I hope that you just 'keep on keeping on'
    God most often brings people into our lives for a purpose, just keep being who God made you to be.
    Don't give up on the encouraging, and be yourself encouraged that The Word does not return to God void.
    God will draw to him those whom he has chosen, and He will himself teach them his ways... sometimes people have to learn by their own mistakes, but ultimately they are in the hands of God.
    Be blessed and filled and led by the Holy Spirit in all you think, say and do.
    :O)

    ReplyDelete