30 Nov. 2010

Break The Chains

Break The Chains by Misty Edwards



Come break the chains,
The chains that hinder love.
All that remains of yester year.
Come break the chains,
The chains that pull me down.
Come break the chains and draw me near.


CHORUS (once)
Let Your fire burn consuming me,
Let Your jealous flame
Come take away everything!
Let Your fire burn consuming me,
Let Your jealous flame
Come write Your name upon my heart,
Until all that remains
Is the Light of Your countenance
And I will be satisfied when I awaken
As a lover of You!

Come break the chains,
The chains that hinder love.
All that remains of yester year.
Come break the chains,
The chains that pull me down.
Come break the chains and draw me near.

Hum
Who is this is garments stained red
Who is this crowns on His head
Who is this He roaring like a lion
Who is this He's roaring from Zion,
He's roaring from Zion

Who is this King of glory (Repeat x3)
He is mighty to save all who call on His name
In righteousness He is mighty to save
He's mighty to save all who call on His name
But woe to the enemy
Of the King on His Wedding day
But woe to the enemy
Of the King on His Wedding day
All of your judgments... just and true.

CHORUS
Let Your fire burn consuming me,
Let Your jealous flame
Come take away everything!
Let Your fire burn consuming me,
Let Your jealous flame
Come write Your name upon my heart,
Until all that remains
Is the Light of Your countenance
And I will be satisfied when I awaken
As a lover of You!


This song, I believe is very powerful.
The first verse of the song is a powerful prayer.
Crying out from the heart to Jesus, 
for freedom from the past and the legacies of the past that remain, that which has kept us in chains.
These chains can cause us to not know fully the presence, love and freedom of Living in Christ.
I am reminded now of an old song of praise (Praise the Lord) where it says: Shake off those heavy bands, lift up those holy hands, let all God's people praise the Lord.

Freedom for the captives.
Indeed Jesus has come to proclaim freedom for the captives!

The Chorus points to God's refining fire, symbolised by the refining of silver,  where silver is heated in the furnace seven times where each time the dross (impurities are blasted off), until the final firing, where the refiner can see their perfect reflection in the liquid metal.  Hence "till all that remains is the light of Your countenance".
That God's fire would burn away all that is not of Him within in us, so that we would become a true reflection of Christ.  That we would become more like Him and less of our sinful, fleshy, worldly selves.  

The rest of the song tells of the Awesome power and majesty of Christ, and that He Saves.... even as a roaring Lion! 

I love this song, as you may have guessed :O) and find it is good to meditate on.
Misty Edwards is clearly a Spirit led and gifted artist (oh, that would be my opinion, haha).
I have many of her albums and find them all great worship songs, leaning largely on the prophetic worship side. I have often played them and felt strongly the presence of God, and been touched by His Holy Spirit.
I often shut out the world, turn up the volume, and just worship the Lord, praising in my own words, the Spirit, and in the words of the songs.
I hope this song is a blessing to you too.

 Misty has written and recorded two slightly different versions of this song, this particular version comes from the album Eternity.  The other version is on the Unplugged Cd of the Relentless album.

To listen to this song, and others from Misty you can go to this link http://new.music.yahoo.com/misty-edwards/tracks/break-the-chains--59200128 and use the Rhapsody player to listen.  Or alternatively you can visit IHOP's website  (International House Of Prayer) where Misty very often leads the worship teams.  You can have access there to a free album download of Prophetic Worship songs from Misty and others.

Be Blessed as you Praise The Lord, and live a life of Worship of Him, Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
And may any chains fall away like chaff, and that you will know true freedom in Christ!  Praise Him as He sets us free and refines us like silver!
Love, your sister in Christ,
Kaz

No comments:

Post a Comment