12 Feb. 2008

Unforgiveness breeds orphans

Unforgiveness runs riot through my family.

There are rifts everywhere.

But tonight my heart aches because someone in my family can not forgive his parents.
Tonight I was rang, and informed clearly that he no longer wants to have anything to do with his parents ever. This I know is not a passing faze.
He now considers himself an orphan. He has told me clearly that he doesnt want to know anything about them ever again, and has informed me that if they ask me how he is that I am to say "I don't know". That I am to lie for him. That I am to deny them anything of their son, even if they still love him.
Ok hurt things have been done both ways, but for it to come so this it is very sad.

I barely spoke during the conversation. I couldn't say anything.
Even when he informed me that he will still go their funeral, but only to make sure that they are dead!
I could say nothing.
I know that there is no point.
His stubborness and unforgiveness is impenetrable.
Only Jesus can break through it.

It breaks my heart to see the family disintegrating like this.
It is almost becoming unbearable at times to be around this person, because of their attitude at times, but I have no choice. To me he is family. And family is important.

More than ever I am confronted with the need to really love someone, despite what they do or say.

I dont want to become a person with an orphan attitude.

Love is patient
Love is kind
Love is not jealous or envious
Love is never boastful or proud
Love is never haughty or selfish or rude
Love doesnt demand its own way.
It is not irritable or touchy
Love is not easily angered
Love does not hold grudges
Love is never glad about injustices or evil
but Love rejoices whenever truth wins out.
Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails... it goes on forever!

If you love someone you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost.
You will always believe in him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground defending him. 1 cor 13:7 LB

The above verse is a tough one, but as Jesus loves me unconditionally, let me love unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment