7 Feb. 2008

Some quotes to ponder... remember... or forget :)

I am reading one of the half a tonne of books I own....
Just because I can read.... LOL
And I am reading
spits and spurts of bits n pieces of rubbish and rubies....
here is a few:

A cynic is someone who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin. H. L. Mencken

We hand folks over to God's mercy, and show none ourselves. George Elliot

I take the view, and always have done, that if you cannot say what you have to say in twenty minutes, you should go away and write a book about it. Lord Brabazon of Tara

Everyone is a bore to someone. That is unimportant. The thing to avoid is being a bore to oneself. Gerald Brenan

An athiest is a man who has no invisible means of support. John Buchan

If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life. Cher

When it comes, will it come without warning
Just as I am picking my nose?
Will it knock on my door in the morning,
or tread in the bus on my toes?
Will its greeting be courteous or rough?
Will it alter my life altogether?
O tell me the truth about love. W. H. Auden

There are times when parenthood seems nothing but feeding the mouth that bites you. Peter De Vries

The human race is faced with a cruel choice: work or daytime television. Anon.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Isaac Newton

Quotation is a servicable substitute for wit. Oscar Wilde


I will not bore you anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment