24 Jan. 2008

Life in my home and on my street

the drops of rain fall scattering the dust from my eyes
the cool wind has turned to cold
goosebumps are on my arm
and I run to get a jumper on....

:) that was just a little bit of literary junk for you :)


Home is a great place to be, my home is my castle, and sometimes it is my cave.
No where else do I find a pillow moulded to my head, a quilt accusomed to holding my warmth, a mattress with all the lumps and bumps in just the right places.
No where else do I know exactly where the bathroom is, or what buttons on my microwave and washing machine I must push to make them work.
No where else can I sincerly say is my home.
Even on holidays at a famliy members house, I long to be here in my castle.
No where else can I forget where I put the screwdriver or the scissors, and find comfort in knowing that they will turn up eventually right where I put them... in a "safe" place.
No where else can I leave my bed unmade or my desk scattered, and not feel guilty for making a mess. :)
No where else can I pick up my bible whenever I want or turn the radio on without looking over my shoulder or feeling I am being rude.

This is my home, my castle. My little corner of the earth that God has provided me, blessed me, and given me joy. A simple affair in amoungst the lesser burbs, surrounded by those who are in need of knowing God in His fullness. God has placed me here to be a light shining for him. Lord let my light shine!

My neighbours are an interesting lot.

The south side houses a couple of very worn and toughened blokes with three large dogs for kids. Teeth missing, tattooed and happy to have a home after living in a tent with their dogs for so many years.
House proud these men are with a growing number of pot plants on their porch, and a hope for a vegie patch maybe next year.
They drink too much and smoke too much dope. But they are men with hearts. Compassion you can see within.
They have shown friendship and care for us, caring for my tomato plants and more while I was away on holiday. One of them even hosed my driveway down, swept my pergola and weeded one of my garden beds. A blessing they are. Often they borrow my vaccuum cleaner, or sometimes ask for a bar of soap or some panadol.
They are indeed lovers of dogs, and love my little fellow "Buddy" whom I have yet to blog about. I know they have on occassion when they have seen me a way for a few hours in the day, checked on Buddy in the back yard for me, checked his water and given him a pat or a cuddle.

JD and Gator are what they like to be called.

It is funny sometimes how our past can come back around to meet us.
When they first moved to our district lived in a tent out in the pines, they met up with a bloke I knew from my rebellious binge drinking and motorbikes days.
Dinga is the man's name. A wheelchair bound man who lost the use of his legs when he run with the "Mongrels" (a bikie gang that was around about 30 years ago). He had a bike accident. He drives around in a specifically modified old HQ or HX Holden (cant remember which). He loves gardening, and has previously run his own nursery and mini market garden. He makes his own tomato & chilli sauce, "dinga's sauce" which is famous in some circles. The biggest bushy beard and straggly long hair, HUGE beer gut and pierced nipples!
JD rode off his car while DUI-ing before they moved next door. Now Dinga (JD mistakingly calls him Dingo) drives JD and Gator around a bit. Gator helps Dinga in his garden. Dinga is their wheels and Gator and JD are Dinga's legs.
But anyway, I dont know why Im telling you all this, but I spose I find it interesting, intriguing how God has placed me where I am. Im sure He has His plans, even if is is simply that I have friendly neighbours, and they have a neighbour who loves God, but still accepts them as they are. ??? May God bless them with eyes that can see, ears that can hear and hearts that can be open to Him.

Isnt it funny how you can sit down to write something and something completely different comes out!!

LOVE 2 U All and God's Blessing of Peace, Grace and Mercy, Strength and Endurance be with you all.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment