19 Dec. 2007

Mr Magoriums Wonder Emporium....


By what means can God speak to us?

Can He speak through a secular movie with magic (OH NO!!) and an old man dying?

Yesterday 3 ladies and 5 little sons went to the movies. Mister Magorium was on the menu, along with popcorn and lollies for some.

The movie was a bit of fun and I laughed loudly often. My kids watched wonderfully between quirms and crunching popcorn and slurping "non-blue" ;) Pop-tops.

There was a little bit about a nicely varnished block of wood (approx 5"x5"x5" in dimension)... Mr Magorium hinted that it was indeed more than it seemed... if only you believed....

I saw then it was something that God was speaking to me about... first I thought He was telling me to "think outside the square", then, No, He was saying I should "think outside the CUBE"....
That God could do anything... and that I should never put Him in a box!
WOW

I realise it is so easy to forget, and think of GOD and all his wonders of love, hope, mercy, grace, power, might, etc, from our worldly perspective. Putting God within the bounds of our understanding is like saying that God is no more capable of stuff than we are.... GET REAL!
God is beyond anything we see, feel, hear, know, or can believe. Our Brains in our current predicament can not understand or comprehend God's Immensity and Everything!

So basically I need to Believe That GOD is Possible and Able to do far beyond my wildest imagination... I need to believe that God can and will do the impossible.

So I pray that from this time on I will think outside the cube and not in my humanity try to put God in His immensity, into a box. Father let me just believe... Amen


And guess what ??..... The movie also spoke to one of my friends that watched it with us... and what God showed her was through a completely different scene in the movie... and God spoke to her about something completly different... but that is her story to tell :)

I wonder who else has a story to tell????

1 comment:

  1. Karen, thank you so much for sharing, it's great to hear how God speaks to each of us in so many different ways!

    ReplyDelete