30 Oct. 2006

Great is His Faithfulness!

Just when you think you've had a breakthrough.... and life is a buzz to live... and you've been having a "praise God, aint He just great!" time and it feels like you've finally got it all worked out...
then comes the storm
the time for testing...
the time when you just want to run
run and hide from GOD!
you feel like you're living a Job life all of a sudden... and as if your hotline to heaven has been cut off... out of service... and no amount of yelling or crying out seems to get God's attention...
you FEEL abandoned, lost, unloved...

But Since when is faith based on a feeling????
Faith based on a feeling isnt faith at all...

I praise God for these times, for I know that he is testing my faith... so that I will become stronger in him and ultimately be becoming more like Him.
I know that he will not test me beyond what I can not withstand, for he doesnt want me to be lost forever, No.
His testing is a reminder to me to keep on relying on him, not myself... and to stretch my boundaries of faith... So that I will REALLY believe that which he has been teaching me!
It is not enough that I should learn the theory, I must also do the practical...
I have to learn to put what he has taught me into practice, so that it will become engraved in my heart... Yet another wonderful treasure of His to keep in me.

These times though are not easy, but we can be assured that we are not abandoned, rather we are like the baby bird learning to fly... while the father quietly watches over, ready to catch us if we fall, and congratulate us when the trial is over. "well done good and faithful servant"

James 1:3
For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.

1 Peter 1:7
These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

(New Living Translation)

1 comment:

  1. Great post, and yes we must have been thinking along the same lines today :)

    Thanks for stopping by to visit and comment! Your kids are just beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete