11 Sep. 2006

SNAP!!!



"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!"

~ C.S. Lewis ~


Standing in the kitchen of a Mum of 3 sprightly lads (just like me) for the first time last week chattering away, I felt nervous... just slightly... We had only just met the previous week at a church function. She was new to town, and I guess probably felt a little like me. We had a few obvious things in common... 3 boys, her middle and my eldest in the same class at school, we went to the same church, we both love God. There were also a few obvious differences between us. One thing for certain was that we both had the gift of the gab! We could probably together could talk the hind off a horse, or talk underwater with a mouth full of marbles :D

Yakking away to each other... trying to share a bit about each other, trying not to offend the other :) and cutting up pumpkin or was it fruit? at the time, 3 of our lads played cars...

...and you know, thinking about this quote, and that day, I remember the dishcloth.

What??!! You say - the dishcloth???

Yep. I went to wash or wipe something and in the sink was my favourite dishcloth of choice!

I have never seen another sink with one (where I hadnt instigated the presence of one)!

I think I exclaimed! Yeah I know weird!! :D But yes I commented on her choice of dishcloth!




I thought to my self, "Cool! Someone who thinks like me!" SNAP!!!

5 comments:

  1. It is amazing what can bring us together, or at least cement the friendship =)) great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great story! I guess we all know what the two of YOU will be exchanging for Christmas this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotta get myself one of those dishcloths. I'll be popular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete