22 Aug. 2006

OOOOOOHHHHHHHH NNNNOOOOOOO!!!

MY JAYWALKER SOCK HAS DIED........
Disaster happened last night when.... I frogged my sock!
It all started when... I thought I'd try my almost (only the toe to go) finished jaywalker on...
and...
I had to strain to get it on!!!
ARGH!
From toe to heel was fine... was Great!
.... but! from where the ribbed cuffe ended and the zigzags began until it got to the heel....
TOOO TIGHT!!!!
All that work and NO BANANAS!!!!!!!
And well it was way to hard, maybe even impossible to unpick from the start to where it was Ok, so there was only one thing to do.....
Rip-it! Rip-it! Rip-it!!!
It nearly broke my heart! How many times had I had to frog on just one sock!
Well that was that! NEVER AGAIN!!! Jaywalker can go jaywalk somewhere else!
I am defeated! It got me! It won!!!!!
There must be something terrible wrong with me! I've seen all those beautiful finished Jay's flashing themselves in blogs all over the wwworld!!! WOe Drat and Darn-it!
Well my sock has gone back to where it came from.... hidden back in the beautiful and taunting ball of opal... I can almost hear it going nah nah nah nah at me...
That was last night... I rewound the ball and went to bed to contemplate .... sock patterns!
This morning between sick kids and a sinus headache I contemplated more....
That when I decided that there was only one thing to do....
Learn how to knit a toe-up sock....
so back on the net I went searching and found a good tutorial at
http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter02/FEATtiptoptoes.html
and I have started... :)
I did the figure-8 loop method... it was tough but I have succeeded... now to work out how I’m going to do the rest of the sock.....
I contemplated doing the "Toe-up Jaywalker pattern" http://azazello.org/nataliaknits/?p=36
But my Head YELLED at me NNNOOOOOOO!!!!!
I need a break from the complicated and go back to the K.I.S.S method!
Anyone got a fail proof pattern for a no frills toe up sock pattern.... so that when I do eventually finish a pair of socks I am not completely BALD! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment