22 Aug. 2006

Let my life be a daily conversation with God!

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always;
pray continually;
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Been thinking about this a lot lately.

Prayer and reading God's Word, the Bible and fellowship - three very necessary elements of our daily walk, life with Jesus.

Without these elements the seed of our faith begins to die, or our faith is led awry... Our Faith, our walk needs the guidance and support of these things. Then we would be like the seeds that fell amoung the rocks and thistles and be blown about by the wind or eaten!

Most of all we need conversation with God.
We need to always be mindful of Him who made us and loves us and saves us. His desire is that we meet with Him in every moment. He is everywhere, he is in us - who have opened our hearts to him.

To not talk to Him daily would be comparable to us having a work colleague who we work side by side with everyday, who we see all day everyday, but we completely ignore them, refuse to talk to them, even when we know that comunication with that colleague is vital our job function!

What a Blessing tho! - to be able to pray continuously! to be able to be in constant conversation with God! To be able to meet with him anywhere and at anytime!


Where can I go to get away from God? That I could not cry out to Him? That He would not hear my voice?

Psalms 139:7-12 GNB
(7) Where could I go to escape from you? Where could I get away from your presence?
(8) If I went up to heaven, you would be there; if I lay down in the world of the dead, you would be there.
(9) If I flew away beyond the east or lived in the farthest place in the west,
(10) you would be there to lead me, you would be there to help me.
(11) I could ask the darkness to hide me or the light around me to turn into night,
(12) but even darkness is not dark for you, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are the same to you.


God is everywhere, and He is in me. He has planted Holy Spirit in me, His Son walks before me, beside me, and carries me... how can I not talk to HIM?

For His presence is so very near to me... how rude it would be not to speak to him, how rude for me not to listen... how rude and how foolish!

Oh How WONDERFUL IS OUR GOD!

My prayer is that none of us will forget that we need only have to speak silently in our heart and He will hear us! Praise Him! And let us also remember to wait in the quiet for His still quiet voice, instead of running ahead in the noise of this life and forgetting to listen...
Pro 20:12 The LORD has given us eyes to see with and ears to listen with.

Mat 13:16 "As for you, how fortunate you are! Your eyes see and your ears hear.

Yes Lord, Let our daily lives be filled with conversations with You!
Amen


http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=23&chapter=139&version=31

No comments:

Post a Comment