14 Jul. 2006

Friday 14 July....



Well Here it is :) I've done what I thought I'd never do... created my very own spot for blogs....
Who by the way came up with the droll name of BLOG?
Im sitting here on a lazy and chilly Friday arvo, typing away, listening to Radio Rhema, eating French onion flavoured shapes, while my bg little lads are out back riding bikes and playing with pavement chalk. Littlest one is supposed to be asleep in his room.
I could be doing lots like ... Housework, Gardening.... or knitting my socks.....
Yes socks! Thanks to a lovely friend of mine, who got me unhooked from the crochet bug, and pinned by the knitting sock bug.... nothing like warm toesies....
I have knitted 3 pairs of socks to date, the first two were using 8ply mohair and wool blend, using 3.25 mm dpns... they looked more like slipper or bed socks. But toastie warm when I tried them on... sent them to my mum for mum's day. They were my first effort and I was proud as punch :D
The 3rd pair I knitted was using 2.25mm dpns and patons 4ply pure wool variegated. The pattern was for opal yarn and for adults but I could tell they were'nt about to fit over my foot, so I adjusted the length to fit my son Rob. He was stoked, he wore them to school, and it wasnt after I realised that he wore them 2 days running "coz they're really warm Mum!" that I managed to pry them off his feet to wash them.... The piccies of these I will post shortly.
My Current project is Socks for ME! I cant wait to wear them! Gotta knit them first tho!
Im using a pattern called Jaywalker, which is a great pattern. you can find it here...
http://magknits.com/Sept05/patterns/jaywalker.htm Ive unpulled it 4 times , as I wasnt interpretting the pattern quite right, and my tention was a bit too tight.
I changed needles to 3mm dpns instead of 2.25 mm that I started with. The yarn I am using is opal prisma (4ply sock yarn) It is self striping and is coming out in a great zigzag pattern... like I said I cant wait to wear them.
Any way... I must stop typing now, stop avoiding my chores and go do them :)
C U Rnd Like a fruit loop...

No comments:

Post a Comment